2) It can complement other marketing methods
3) It can be turned on or off to balance sales peaks and valleys
4) It can be easily to tested to show Return-on-Investment
5) It is a great marketing vehicle for firms with a limited marketing budget
My telecommunications clients love direct mail. It allows them to target only geographic areas where customers can get High-Speed Internet service. In the past they would spend their marketing dollars “spreading the word” to thousands or in some case millions of people that could not even get their service. The result? Frustrated customers that could not get the service and wasted marketing dollars.
Direct Mail Secrets
1) Direct Mail response rate is effected by three things:
* List (60% of direct mail response – on average – is due to the list)
* Creative (20% of direct mail response – 0n average – is due to the creative)
* Offer (20% of direct mail response – on average – is due to the offer)
2) Test your lists. Test your creative. Test your offer.
3) Don’t give-up after a couple of campaigns…see #2 above.
4) Don’t be afraid to spend $1.00 or more per piece…the response rate could be worth it.
5) It is all about the cost per call, cost per appointment & the cost per sale.
6) Track your response rate with 800 numbers and landing pages.
7) Seek list vendors with a strong track record – Ask a professional for help.
8) Don’t use poor creative – A piece developed in Word creates a poor image and simply won’t get the response you need. Get professionally designed pieces.
9) Ask your prospects what kind of offer would appeal to them-Don’t guess.
10) Coordinate your direct mail drops with your business cycle and call volume.
If you would like to discuss how to improve your firm’s marketing return-on-investment feel free to contact Dave directly at (262)949-4969.