So your marketing budget has been trimmed down. You know that your customers needs are changing. You know that your prospects needs are changing. You know you cannot make develop new marketing strategies and tactics on anecdotal information from the field or customer service.
Marketing research is the logical solution…but you have no budget you say? There are a plethora of services now available online for less than $25/month. Services including: iContact, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey and more.
Words of Caution:
1) Define your actionable goals in advance
2) Have a professional researcher develop the questions
4) Email marketing has inherent biases (difficult to make blind with a representative sample)
5) Have a copywriter review the questions (poorly worded questions will kill your credibility)
6) Don’t take immediate action on a small sample (example: we got responses within minutes on a recent survey we conducted but after 2 days our results had shifted dramatically).
If you have questions on marketing research please contact us. We have experience with all forms of marketing research: Email, In-Person, Focus Groups, Telephone, Mail and Online Immersion.